Sunday, August 15, 2021

Walking through the door

So I told myself I would write a blog post everyday to get myself to write, not be stopped, figure out myself and my writing style.

...

AND of course, right away, I thought "I'm tired, and I'm a little tense from laying in bed with the kids, I'll start tomorrow."

...

(Um, yea, I think we can ALL call that a LOAD. OF. SHIT.)

I laid down in bed ready to sleep and thought, "You said you would do it everyday; NOW is the time to start ... what are you waiting for??? THIS is it, THIS is the time to do it. Because there will ALWAYS be a reason not to do it." 

SO, I got up, and got my laptop and started to write this. 

Yay! I overcame step one. And it feels pretty good. 

*SMILES*

It feels good to finally take action. 

Its like standing in front of a door wondering what it looks like on the other side. Wondering if I will need clothes for hot weather, warm weather or cold weather. If I will need a swimsuit, or snow shoes. What if its hot during the day and cold at night? Will I have enough food to eat? What language do they speak? Do I need an umbrella? 

At first, SOME planning is good, but if you continue to try to plan for every scenario, you won't EVER get moving. 

At some point, you just got to WALK THROUGH THE DOOR. 

The natural process we want to be in is: Plan, take action, plan, take action, plan, and then, take action. But if we get stuck for too long in the planning or the action, it can become harmful. The energy needs to FLOW. 

I have spent a LONG time in the phase of learning, researching, seeking, and receiving information.

It is SO EASY to constantly BE in a state of consumption of information with access to the internet and social media. 

I know for me, if I am NOT conscious of how often I look at my phone, how long, or even why I'm looking at it, I will find myself getting caught up in a post, video or article. And its not just one. I will look at another, and another, AND another, AND ANOTHER. It could go on for a long time without some self control. 


It is important to allow ourselves SPACE to actually DIGEST and PROCESS. 

To give ourselves SPACE to BE. 


That feels nice. 


When I allow myself to BE, I feel connected to myself. 

I feel happy and I feel whole. 

It's a wonderful place to be. 


CONSUME

REST

DIGEST

ACTION


And NOW its time for ACTION.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Letting Go

I have tried SO HARD to do the right thing.  I ALWAYS had to do it perfectly. (At least, what I thought was perfect)  BUT, it turns out, thi...