Friday, August 20, 2021

Make Mistakes

Make mistakes. 

Go out and do things. totally. fully. 

Experience things.

Just to be clear, I am not advocating reckless behavior or doing things to hurt yourself or others. 

What I am saying is: It is time to stop the idea of "doing it right" or "perfectly"

I came to a realization years ago that it takes many "mistakes" or rather attempts of doing something before we actually get good at something. Think about how many times a baby attempts to walk before they actually walk on their own. They attempt to stand and fall down. Then they do it again, and again and again. They don't judge themselves if they dont get it right the first time. They dont think they are a failure and stop. They simply continue to try. Again and again. 

I am so glad so many more people are talking about the process of what it takes or what it took for them to get to where they are. Because the more we REALIZE that we all start as beginners and that we all make mistakes, the more at peace we can be with the process of DOING things - of CREATING THINGS. 

AND that its totally ok to BE wherever you are at - whether its unhappy, confused, or lost. 

The first step is becoming AWARE. and then asking what is the next step? to feel inside ourselves and ask what is it that i need right now? sometimes it wont make sense. trusting that is what is right for us in this moment at this time in our life is all that is needed. 

when i look back at my life and think, had i known where this choice would have led me (only knowing some parts), i may have not made that choice. but i guess the point is, we arent supposed to know. and technically it is unknown whether things will happen because people still have free will to choose. 

the future can only be predicted based on how people are being NOW. if a person changes, the future changes and all those around them. How crazy is that?? changing yourself, healing yourself, not only impacts yourself, but also every single person they interact with each and every day. TRULY AMAZING. exactly the reason i am committed to healing myself: for me and for my children and for the world. we are the change we are looking for. BE the change you want to see in the world. when i truly UNDERSTOOD that, it was such an expansive moment where i really saw how much an impact i have on those around me by doing "the work" and healing myself. 

i know we have all heard it, but to truly understand what it means, is really mind blowing. we really must go inward and do the work of healing ourselves if we want to see change. 

i have actually seen a difference in my children when i have healed parts of myself. they feel different and behave just a little different in a good way, in an empowered way. 

children are such amazing teachers - they are a direct reflection of ourselves. i know i have noticed my children talking about their feelings to me and realizing "woa that's what i am feeling" and wondering are they picking up on my feelings?? 

my children have been such a wonderful blessing in my life. they have already taught me so much about myself. and i never had any plans to have children. but then i got pregnant and dove into a new part of my life. sometimes we dont really know where our choices will lead us. the universe will guide us and our mind will want to question the direction. but we must trust. 

SO are we ever really making MISTAKES? because it seems like there is learning in everything. perhaps there is getting stuck. when we are stuck, thats when learning seems to stop. 

but when we get unstuck and finally get back to FLOW, things begin to move forward, things change. 

so, there are no mistakes, just RESISTANCE. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Letting Go

I have tried SO HARD to do the right thing.  I ALWAYS had to do it perfectly. (At least, what I thought was perfect)  BUT, it turns out, thi...